Built in 1865 at Crown Point, the Grierson House was originally home to Lieutenant John Grierson. It's not Grierson who apparently may still be hanging about the home though...
The ownership and usage of the home has changed hands over the years and has served as the Oddfellows Hall, medical clinic and apparently, at some point as an inn.
The story, according to Joe Banks in an article titled Old Grierson House in the Arnprior Chronicle 28th October, 1980 and given to us via John Robert Colombo's Mysteries of Ontario, one night in a winter storm, a traveller was seeking shelter from the elements and for some reason, the innkeeper refused his request. The stranger froze to death that night in the snow.
After that, the 'curse' (if you will) of the stranger has been attributed to a few tragic deaths attached to the house.
Of further interest to ghost enthusiasts is the reports of mild poltergeist activity in the home. From doors rattling to phantom footsteps. From 'thumping' sounds in the attic to metallic rattling in the cellar.